By making your tax-deductible donation to Hiinga, you empower a small business owner to create much needed jobs and transform their community.
INTERNSHIP & FELLOWSHIPS
We have very limited opportunities for inspired individuals who share our values to intern with us. Opportunities are available for both undergrad and graduate students. Interested in a year long fellowship in Africa, please reach out.
Do you have business experience and can devote 5 hours a month mentoring an entrepreneur via video? Reach out to us for match making. Our entrepreneurs operate in the agribusiness, education, healthcare sectors. Other areas include light manufacturing and consumer goods.
ORGANIZE A FUNDRAISER
Engage your community for your next anniversary, birthday, event or holiday to honor you by pledging to benefit Hiinga entrepreneurs. Set any goal and inspire your school, church, or workplace network to get involved.
VISION & MISSION TRIPS
Are you interested in learning more before making a commitment? Let us plan a vision trip for you. Opportunities are available for mission trips. If you are a teacher, doctor, pastor, business leader, we can arrange service opportunities.
As a Christ-centered Impact Investing venture, we believe in the power of prayer. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7. At Hiinga, we appreciate prayers for our entrepreneurs, investors, leadership, partners and the communities we serve.
Impact Investors are the major engine for our growth (debt or gift). These funds go directly toward our organizational goal of becoming fully self-sustaining (as of 2018, operations in East Africa are 100% self-sustaining.) The suggested minimum investment for Impact Investors is $25,000+, even though you can consider higher. For our Impact Investors;
- You will be invited to join us at a variety of community and collaboration events, held through the year.
- We will send you quarterly reports on specific ventures that you might ask us to allocate part of your funding.
- We will be on hand to organize a vision trip for you and your family to East Africa any time of the year.
Our Impact Investors get it. They know the most important investment is one made in people ready to work and grow. They recognize the African Marketplace is an ideal mission field, ready for harvest. They invest their talents, skills, and capital, and are transformational in creating thriving and dignified communities. Our Impact Investors are visionary donors. Their investment provides 100% of infrastructure and operating expenses, allowing Hiinga to make all other funds available to well-deserving entrepreneurs. This commitment enables us to:
- Scale our revenue-generating model that self-funds operating expenses in the field.
- Provide our Mini-MBA program which offers training, software, mentorship and consulting to entrepreneurs so they can steward their businesses well.
- Support our discipleship and leadership development as we teach them that the marketplace is their mission field.
- Inspire African entrepreneurs to transform culture with kingdom values in the marketplace.